We respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied — by us or by any third party on our site — in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us.
Links and Frames
You may link to our site as long as the link does not cast us in a false or misleading light. You may not frame the content of our site.
Links to Other Websites
Our site may contain links to other websites that we think may be of interest to you. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We have developed our site so that you can visit it without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
- Visitors to our site are not tracked as they access other sites; though we do analyze traffic on this site.
- We only collect personally identifying data about you, such as your name, address and e-mail address when you provide it to us voluntarily.
- The Oakland Institute notes and saves information such as time of day, browser type, browser language, and IP address for each visit to our site.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
- This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, safety, or property.
- We may provide non-personally identifiable visitor information to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you make a donation, or submit content.
Our transaction pages are hosted by our payment gateway provider. All supplied sensitive information is transferred via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information is not stored on our servers.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. You must be over the age of 13 in order to receive information or comment on our site.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Although we take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses, worms, or other destructive materials and programs to our site, we do not guarantee or warrant that our site or materials that may be downloaded from our site are free from such destructive features. We are not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such features. We are not liable for any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies in our site, nor for any claim, loss or injury that results from your use of this site or your breach of any provision of this agreement.
The Oakland Institute, P.O. Box 18978, Oakland CA 94619